LIFEGUARD RE-CERTIFICATION COURSE
OPEN TO LGI WHO NEED TO DO ANNUAL SKILL ASSESSMENT
EMAIL [email protected]
FOR REGISTER INFORMATION
- Dates: Saturdays – T.B.A
- Time: 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Site: Kokokahi YWCA
This Blended Learning Course – combines online learning, with in-person skills sessions where you will practice the skills and demonstrate your competency. Please plan to complete the initial eLearning lessons of your training at least 5 days prior to your in-person skills assessment session.”
10 hour on-line session & 2 hours in person skill assessment session
Require minimum enrollment of 4 participants per session.
- Show Proof of ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certificate
- or Current American Red Cross Lifeguard certificate
- or Expire Lifeguard certification within the last 2 years
- All participants need to have access to a computer to Enroll & Register into the Course & To Access the additional course study guide material
- Instructions to access to course material will be sent to you via email.
- Completed the on – line course component prior to in the person practical skill assessment
- _ Actively participate in all course activities, including assuming various roles during scenarios.
- _ Demonstrate competency in all required skills.
- _ Past the final skills scenarios.
- _ Successfully pass final written exams with a minimum grade of 80%. If a participant fails to reach the minimum 80% on the final written exam, a retest is allowed using the other version of the exam, provided that the participant has passed the practical skill assessment.
Certificate Issued and Validity Period
The American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED is valid for 2 years.